Esar Met has been incarcerated in Utah for the past 12 years.

On March 30, 2008, One of the roommates of Esar Met took a photo of 7 year old Hser Ner Moo.

The next day she went missing, and the photo was put on a 'missing' flyer. 

April 2 2008 the FBI found Hser Ner Moo’s body, after a poorly organized search filled with mistakes.

Hser was a young 'ethnic Karen’ Burmese refugee who had been brought to Utah by a local religious group. 

Several hours later, in the early morning, the FBI and police announced they had a suspect, and he had confessed. He was referred to by some media as a Rohingya. 

Over the next few weeks, it became apparent to investigators that they had arrested the wrong person, and coaxed an elaborate confession from him which had no resemblance to the facts of the actual murder.

They held the person who they had mistakenly pressured into a confession six years in a Utah jail while they desperately fabricated a case against him.

He is still sitting in jail waiting for some integrity to appear in Utah police and/or the FBI.


Was Hser Ner Moo still alive when Esar Met left for his aunt and uncle’s house?

Was she still alive when the police started their search?

Was she still alive when a detective decided that apartment #472 was unoccupied?

Evidence indicates that she probably was.

Who was in the apartment with her, or her body? The four roommates.


~ If you have doubts, questions or want documentation for any claims on this page, ask at 


When a young Burmese girl, Hser Ner Moo, was killed in 2008 in Salt Lake City, the FBI and police quickly arrested somebody.

The same evening they arrested their suspect, they had strong evidence pointing to somebody else having committed the murder.

During the weeks and months that followed, the supposed evidence against the person they had arrested evaporated, while the evidence against the person they did not arrest grew stronger.

Nevertheless, the prosecution of the initial suspect continued. He was convicted at a Utah trial in 2014 and remains imprisoned.

This page lays out some of the flaws in the prosecution. Other pages will detail the specific actions that FBI agents, police, prosecutors and others engaged in, along with the main reason they could not arrest the actual killer.


Quick summary of a few flaws in the prosecution of Esar Met for anybody who doesn’t want to read the whole page.

1) During the 'confession', Esar Met did not know any information that was not fed to him by the FBI agent. The FBI agent kept giving him details and then telling him to fix the confession so the details matched the evidence, but he kept making mistakes. He never got a significant detail of the crime right. The one small detail he did sort of get right is in the image to the right, after the FBI agent said “No, no, no” to his first answer. Full transcript to show context is at

The Burmese person doing that translation refers to him as 'Samar' which is one phonetic variation of his name.

2) The fingernail DNA results returned from the lab after the crime did not contain Esar Met's DNA. The actual lab results are available online. The prosecutor appears to have lied to the jury. There is much more to the DNA misconduct, involving Sorenson Forensics and a handful of people trying to make money using that company.

3) A Utah police officer lied under oath about the way he was notified that the body was found. According to his own reports, and according to the FBI agents who found the body, blood stains were first found downstairs. He received a phone call to that effect from an FBI agent. Under oath, during the trial, he changed that in such a way that it would support the inaccurate confession, which had blood on the stairwell.

4) Esar Met did not 'flee the crime scene'. He knew the police wanted to talk to him and had given the address and said he would wait, which he did. The police who arrested him tried to pretend they were on some kind of dangerous manhunt. They assembled literally dozens of heavily armed cops and kicked down his door. Then they told the media he had tried to flee, which was untrue. On the witness stand one of the cops involved tried to give a heroic account of how the police took Esar Met into custody, but it was all nonsense. His uncle had asked him to buy something and bring it over, so he did. He had not seen those family members since he left the refugee camp, and his aunt asked him to stay overnight, so he did.

5) There are various strong indications that the girl was still alive many hours after Esar Met left. There was obvious pressure on witnesses to not contradict the prosecutor, but the simple truth is that the girl was probably alive well into the evening and possibly until the morning. Evidence for this includes the rigor mortis timeline and the evidence around the body.

6) Esar Met was interviewed by a South Salt Lake City detective and an FBI agent. The person who was translating was a friend of some of the roommates, and shows a clear desire to help get a confession. The actions of the FBI agent and detective during the interview can only be called disgraceful. They repeatedly ignored evidence that he was not guilty, and carefully used Reid Technique methods to deliberately elicit a false confession. The FBI agent particularly was aware that Esar Met knew nothing about the crime, again and again he inserted necessary confession details into his questions, always aware that the interview was being recorded and he had to do it conversationally.

7) Esar Met was held 6 years waiting for a trial because so many people knew he was not guilty. He was not held because 'they couldn't find a court certified translator' nor because of 'language issues' or other excuses the prosecutor used. None of the initial evidence used in the charging document was accurate. And several months after the arrest they learned DNA implicated one of the roommates. A lot of people in Utah knew, and know, that there were serious problems with the case.

8) When he spoke up in court and said the confession had been coerced, his attorney reacted by asking for more time to get a guilty plea. The attorney suggested that whatever Esar Met had yelled in court could be resolved and he could still get him to plead guilty. Esar Met's 'outburst' was not translated in open court, so the judge and defense lawyer were not worried about public scrutiny. Later the official translator told media that he had yelled that he was not guilty. The judge responded to his claim of innocence by saying he should no longer be brought to the hearings, and she gave the defense lawyer more time to get a guilty plea.

9) One of the worst aspects of the case involves the suppression of the 'confession' interview. Both the prosecution and the defense collaborated to suppress, or keep secret, the video of the confession. They knew it would cause local problems if the police and FBI had to admit they got a confession from a person who was not guilty. The prosecution and the defense, along with a judge, made a clever maneuver that prevented anybody from using the interview at trial. Both sides worked together to hide strong evidence of innocence. The specific ruse that it could not be used 'except to impeach his testimony if he testified' is both ridiculous and transparent. A Reid Technique interview, by a suspect claiming innocence of a crime, and which shows ignorance of the crime, would obviously not 'impeach' his claims, it would support them. To this day, not one lawyer in Utah has gone on the record to criticize the blatant collusion between defense and prosecution with regard to hiding the interview.

There are many more problems with this case, those are just a few of the obvious issues.

After the confession video was made public, a lawyer in Utah tried to 'clean up' the image of the case by filing an appeal. Despite dozens of substantive issues raised online about the case, the appeal lawyer limited the appeal to trivial issues that did not touch on the issue of guilt.


Below is an overview of some broader details.


This page discusses several murders that took place in Salt Lake City, Utah, U.S.

Although questions are raised about several of the cases, the only person who is clearly not guilty of the murder he was convicted of on this page is probably Esar Met.

Summary of some important questions in the case,


A person accused of certain crimes, in any country, is easily convicted.

In the United States the crimes that require the least evidence to convict, and which are almost impossible to appeal after conviction, are child rape or murder, and terrorism.

Once you have been accused by a respected authority, you are almost certain to be convicted, and once convicted very few people are interested in re examining the evidence.

Unfortunately, these are also crimes that authorities tend to 'cheat' on with evidence.


Small girls of the same age have been kidnapped and killed in the Salt Lake City area every few years.

1995 Rosie Tapia, grabbed from her bed at night, dumped in a canal.

The crime appears to have been unsolved due to lack of police interest at the time. 

At this point it looks like this case may be solved shortly. 

1700 West and 1700 South, Salt Lake City, Utah



2006 Destiny Norton

700 South and 500 East, Salt Lake City, Utah

'Confession' that has significant features of a coerced or false confession, followed by a guilty plea. The confession was hidden from the public, but the little that is available was clearly not written by the person confessing. He may well be guilty, but people should wonder why the FBI felt it was necessary to lie about the confession and various other aspects of the case.

2008 Hser Ner Moo

2248 S 440 E, Salt Lake City, Utah

Accused 'confesses' during a Reid Technique interview, but says he is not guilty. The interview shows he has no knowledge of the crime, but is mysteriously suppressed with the cooperation of his own defense lawyer, the same person who represented the person who confessed to killing Destiny Norton. At trial he is convicted on evidence that is discussed below.

2012 Sierra Newbold is grabbed from her bed at night, dumped in a canal.

2300 W and 7905 S., West Jordan, Utah, a Salt Lake City suburb

Accused agrees to plead guilty but suggests he is not guilty. The 'cracking' of the case by the police is sold to the public as having a divine element, supernatural intervention..

There is video of the abduction that has not been made public.

Notice the statement about DNA in the charging document which says that DNA from the girl was found on Black, compared to 

"Later, forensics tests were conducted and prosecutors say Black's DNA matched DNA found on Sierra's body." which suggests his DNA was found on the girl, which is not accurate.

In other words the police portrayed the evidence as different than it actually was, to make the case appear stronger. That should raise doubts about the initial evidence which they felt 'needed strengthening'.

2014 Anonymous 5 year old girl is grabbed from her bed at night. Kidnapping is spotted as it happens and kidnapper is caught.

10600 S. Rembrandt Lane (90 East), West Jordan, Utah, a Salt Lake City suburb

The kidnapper is variously portrayed as an engineer or a truck driver. He has no criminal history and receives a lenient sentence. The similarity to the Sierra Newbold kidnapping is unusual.


Destiny Norton and Hser Ner Moo were two small children killed within a mile of each other in Salt Lake City, less than two years apart. 

Both cases were solved quickly, and secretly, by the FBI and local authorities. 

Both defendants confessed in secret and were pressured to quickly plead guilty by the same defense attorney.

In both cases evidence was hidden from the public and apparently 'lost', and witnesses told the media things that contradicted the police and FBI, resulting in gag orders that prevented the media from talking to witnesses.

Gregerson confessed supposedly to an FBI lie detector technician. The technician had videotaped his previous interviews that day but did not turn on the video for the Gregerson interview. He described the interview though, in a highly problematic book.

An effort was made to keep Esar Met's confession video secret. Both the defense and prosecution took steps to make sure the jury could not view it.

It is available now.

Also transcripts.


Amnesty International calls the Rohingya "one of the most persecuted minorities on earth". Rohingya are Burmese Muslims of Indian descent.

Esar Met is a Burmese Muslim refugee arrested in 2008 for the kidnapping, rape and murder of a young Utah girl in 2008, then held for 6 years, tried and convicted in 2014 and sentenced to life without parole. It isn't clear if he is Rohingya or a different kind of Burmese Muslim.


There is enough evidence pointing to the real killers, but federal and state authorities refuse to review his case credibly. 

Are the FBI and police simply covering up corruption and mistakes? 

Or something much worse?


Hser Ner Moo, the victim, was a first grader in Salt Lake City, the child of recent Burmese immigrants. She was ethnic Karen.

Esar Met, the accused, was the only person in the apartment who was not ethnic Karen. 


The DNA results used at Esar Met's trial are not the same results returned from the lab.

The victim was clutching a handful of hair from the killer when her body was found. The hair was yanked out and had roots.

Why did that hair disappear from FBI custody?

~Sequential Timeline~ This is a timeline that is supported by the evidence, and is somewhat different than the timeline presented to the public by the prosecution, which is not supported by evidence.

 1) Pre Salt Lake City / Many of the people involved are at Mae La refugee camp.,+Tha+Song+Yang+District,+Tak,+Thailand/@17.1672981,98.3691515,12z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x30dcfc4b87717301:0x40346c5fa8bd1c0

If you were to visit the camp a few things would stand out, including a) the people have significantly more scars and other skin issues than people in developed urban areas, b) many of the children have obvious recent small infections on their arms and legs and the children scratch their skin more than you would see in a developed country. One of the pieces of 'evidence' used against Esar Met was the fact that he had scratches that an expert testified could have possibly come from being scratched by a child. 

2) All of the people involved made their way to Utah, Esar Met being the last to arrive, about 30 days before Hser Ner Moo's murder.

3) The missionary group that sponsored him decided to house him with some members of a competing ethnic group, including two older people with more animosity towards his group and two younger people who were also loyal to ethnic divisions. 

He was housed in the basement, while the roommates lived upstairs. Note that there was no door between the common living area and the basement where he was put.

4) In the days before the crime, Esar Met's uncle called the house and asked Esar Met to stop by his house to fix a bicycle and visit family. 

5) On the day in question, Hser Ner Moo stopped by the apartment where Esar Met and the 4 others lived, around 9 a.m. with two of her friends. The roommates were at work. Esar Met left the apartment between 11 a.m. and noon to go to his uncle's place, the children leaving at the same time. The door was left unlocked. 

6) Between roughly 1pm and 2pm Hser Ner Moo went out again and first looked for one of the children she had been with in the morning. When that child did not want to play Hser returned to the apartment where she had been watching television. The apartment of Esar Met and four other Burmese. 

7) Esar Met had left and the door was unlocked, so she went in and watched television. In that community it is normal for a child to consider themself at home in other people's houses. 

8) After a bit she probably decided to get some food from the refrigerator or make a phone call, two things that had angered some of the roommates in the past.

9) At this point one of the roommates returned to the apartment. The door was unlocked and as he walked in he saw the child eating food and scolded her. She would have responded not as a traditional Burmese child 'should' respond, but as an American child would respond. 

10) This set the roommate off and he hit or pushed the child, which escalated as she continued to disobey traditional Burmese etiquette when a child is scolded by an adult. 

11) At some point Hser was severely injured. The roommate locked the door to the apartment and at some point the body was put in a large plastic bag inside a garbage can, probably to either hide or move it. The plastic bag had a lot of blood in it. Notice the bag is right next to the shower where the body was found, and the garbage can further away.

12) Shortly after that the first of the remaining three roommates returned to the apartment and found the door locked. He thought it was strange that the door was locked, and would mention the locked door later. 

13) That evening the child's father knocked on the door and asked if Hser was there. One of the roommates who did not yet know what the situation was told him she was not there. 

14) A while after that the police were contacted and asked to help with the search. Through that evening and into the next day the police knocked on every one of the apartments in the complex and asked to search. The only apartment where nobody answered the door during three successive searches was the apartment where the four roommates were with the dead or dying child. 

15) Late in the evening of the second day of searching, a group of FBI agents pounded on the door for 5 to 10 minutes. One of the roommates finally answered. Strangely, all four of the roommates were in the apartment while the FBI agents had been pounding on the door.

The FBI agents asked to search the apartment and found the body downstairs.
It was early spring, outdoors was quite a bit cooler than indoors so humidity inside was low, but the body was wet, as if it had just been washed. Esar Met had left to visit relatives 30+ hours previously.

16) The four roommates and a fifth person who was in the apartment were brought to the police station and questioned. Despite numerous problems with their statements they were not asked to explain discrepancies. The roommates said that Esar Met was "a Muslim" and "a bad guy". 

17) The police got the phone number of the Aunt and Uncle Esar Met was visiting. They called, got the address and said they would be over shortly. Esar Met said he would be there. When police arrived they kicked down the door and roughed up the adult occupants. They then told the media that he had tried to flee when they arrived. At the trial one of the police involved admitted they lied about that. 

18) Esar Met was then questioned for about two and a half hours, and given the option of either admitting that he planned to kill the child, or admitting the child died accidentally. The questioning used the Reid technique 

which is considered very effective at getting younger people to confess to crimes they did not commit.

19) The interview was crafted by police to appear as a confession, but it was Immediately clear that it was useless.

Esar Met had given accurate information but the two interviewers kept demanding that he change the details of his statement and confess. In the confession that they coaxed from him there were almost no details that came anywhere close to resembling the crime scene.

It was clear at this point that he was not the killer, but the 'authorities' were under enormous pressure from the media and politicians, including the Governor. The Destiny Norton murder had created a lot of problems for the police, and a second similar murder was bad enough. If the police had to admit they had gotten a confession from somebody who was not the killer it would be awkward.

There were then aggressive attempts by the prosecutor, and even by Met's own attorney, to get him to plead guilty.

20) The police and FBI now had a big problem. They had managed to legally seal the confession so it would be difficult for anybody to view it, but there were a number of people who had already seen it and knew it was silly, a textbook false confession that could be easily discredited by anybody familiar with false confessions.

Worse, if the police admitted that they had arrested the wrong person then they would have to also admit that the girl was alive when Esar Met left, and may have been alive well into the next day. That would have explained forensic oddities like the unusually slow onset of rigor mortis, and the fact that the body was still wet from being washed a full day after a Esar Met had left the apartment.

But if she had been alive then the amber alert delay was a potential pr nightmare.

The police and prosecutor then prepared an elaborate charade to increase the credibility of the false confession, but only to those who had seen the confession itself or watched a tape of it. They did it in such a way that nobody who hadn't seen it would have to watch it. In fact the only people who would even understand the references were those who had seen the confession or a tape of it. To everybody else the charade would not even be noticed.

The police report contains detailed statements by several officers regarding what the FBI found inside the apartment and how they alerted local police. His testimony adds a simple, but untrue, detail claiming the FBI had communicated to local police that they had found blood on the stairwell. Because a key part of the false confession was a series of stories about the victim falling down stairs, but almost no other part of the confession resembled the crime in any way, blood on the stairs made it possible for at least one small part of the confession to be supported by something an FBI agent supposedly said to a local officer.

"Salt Lake police enlisted help from other agencies and put together a search team of around 60, he said. Within 10 minutes, ... was told officers had found blood in a stairwell."

"They told me they found what they believed to be blood evidence in the stairwell of one of the apartments we hadn't been able to search..."

The few people who had seen the confession, but not the police report, and who thought he was testifying accurately, now had a tiny bit of information that sort of matched one aspect of the confession.

The FBI agents who notified local police about the body, as well as those police who were notified, and anybody who read the police report, knew the officer was not being truthful on the witness stand.

Notice also that he said "one of the apartments we hadn't been able to search". The police had done three searches, knocking on doors and asking permission to search. The only apartment that had been left unsearched was the apartment where the four roommates were. It was not "one of the apartments", it was the only apartment where nobody answered the door during three consecutive searches involving pounding on the door, shining flashlights inside etc. In other words all four roommates deliberately did not answer the door, despite knowing that a child was missing and searchers were looking for her.

That police officer, the only easily visible link between the murder and the individuals behind the coverup, died under slightly odd circumstances.

The evidence seems to indicate that officer was not aware of the broader deception, and may not have even been aware that Esar Met was not the murderer. He appears to have been used as a sort of patsy, somebody who could be convinced to play along but who did not know the bigger picture and was not aware that he was being set up. Much like a fly by night company hiring an innocent temp worker to be their public face. The temp worker is convincing because he or she believes one set of 'facts' that are benign. 


~In progress~



The body was found in his shower, doesn't that prove he was guilty?

The place where the body was found was accessible to anybody. In fact even the front door to the apartment was usually left unlocked.

He had scratches that an expert said could have come from a child. Doesn't that prove he's guilty.

His scratches came from scratching. His apartment was infested with bedbugs and he had been in a place where even more bugs were just four weeks earlier. On the fourth video of the interview you can see him scratch casually.

He was also bruised from what was called 'a rough takedown'. At trial one of the officers involved admitted that force was used even though Esar Met was not resisting. Part of the problem was that he did not speak English and did not understand their commands.


There was DNA evidence. Doesn't that prove he's guilty? 

The DNA presented at trial was different than the DNA returned by the lab, one of many problems with supposed 'forensics' in this case.

What about the hair the victim pulled from from the attacker? Doesn't that prove he's guilty?

An interesting aspect of the 'clutched hair' is that it was never mentioned to the media by the FBI, police or prosecutors after Esar Met 'confessed'. A quick look at the most likely suspect shows he had much longer hair than Esar Met on the day of the crime. He was also wearing a pullover cap on his head when the FBI arrived, and kept the cap on during the interrogation, in fact even wore it when he was photographed by police.

This is one more of several indications that FBI and police investigators knew from the very beginning that they had arrested the wrong person.


What about the blood on the back of his jacket? Doesn't that prove he's guilty?

All of the fresh blood on his clothing was tested shortly after he was arrested and it was all his own blood.

The stains on the back of his jacket, aside from being extremely inconsistent with the crime, appear to have been placed there later. They are not visible on video footage that shows the back of his jacket after the arrest.

It's possible too that they were simply old stains, and that is why they were not noticed at first. He used to give piggy back rides, or 'elephant rides' to other kids and Hser Ner Moo may have had a bloody nose in the weeks before she died, according to testimony. There is a big difference in the appearance of fairly fresh blood and blood that is more than a few days old.

The killer would have been covered in blood and would have needed to clean up. Esar Met owned only one jacket, and that jacket was not worn by the killer or it would have had blood in the front, on the sleeves etc. During the confession he 'confessed' that he got blood on the front of his t shirt, and even showed it to the FBI agent, but tests determined there was no blood where he "confessed" there was, nor anywhere else, aside from what a technician claimed to have found on the back of his jacket.

Also, there was simply not enough time for him to have committed the murder even without cleaning up. If you look at the bus schedules, and his testimony, and look at when he arrived, it's clear that he was telling the truth when he said he left around 12:30 and the two girls left at the same time. A neighbor separately mentioned that to a reporter, and that was probably one of several reasons the judge put a gag order on the case. A lot of comments made to media right after the killing contradict the state's case.

“Than Hti Ke, a neighbor, said Esar Met stopped by to watch television at his apartment about 1 p.m. Monday, shortly before the girl disappeared.” 

But the FBI and police said he confessed. Doesn't that prove he's guilty? 

The confession he supposedly gave was kept secret by the FBI, police and prosecutors for a reason. Once the confession was available to the public, and could be examined, it was clear that it was consistent with a false confession and inconsistent with a factual confession.

The confession video hidden from the jury, as well as transcripts, also kept from the jury, are available now.

Confession, suppressed and hidden from the jury

Appeal document

Confession translation 1

Confession translation 2



~in progress~

An excellent paper with dozens of anecdotal stories about false convictions can be found at

One example, with parallels to the Esar Met case. 

"In February 1983, 10-year-old Jeanine Nicarico was abducted from her home in Naperville, Illinois, raped, and killed – a crime of stunning brutality. The murder was the subject of a long, frustrating, unsuccessful investigation – a humiliating public failure. Thirteen months after the murder and less than two weeks before the local prosecutor stood for re-election, three men were indicted: Rolando Cruz, Alejandro Hernandez, and Stephen Buckley. Cruz and Hernandez were convicted and sentenced to death; their convictions were reversed by the Illinois Supreme Court. They were convicted again, but this time only Cruz was sentenced to death. Again the convictions were reversed. Finally, at Cruz’s third trial, 12 years after the murder, the case fell apart when a high-ranking police official admitted that Cruz never made a statement about the murders that the prosecution presented at both trials as tantamount to a confession. The judge entered a judgment of acquittal. DNA testing later linked the crime to a serial sex killer who had confessed to the Nicarico murder years before."

"What seems to have happened is this: Under intense pressure, the police convinced themselves that they knew who killed Jeanine Nicarico and they manufactured evidence to convince prosecutors and for use in court."


Article from 2016 about a similar case

Same case, article from 2019

In that case, like the Esar Met case, there were important political factors influencing the courts. A top member of the prosecution became mayor of the town after the conviction. Once enough evidence was found indicating the convicted person was not guilty, the main focus of authorities was avoiding accountability for themselves. They had him admit guilt in exchange for freedom as long as he agreed to drop all the legal challenges. So despite an abundance of evidence of misconduct by police and prosecutors, those officials carefully arranged things so they would not face any accountability. 

Some more articles on that case.

When he was falsely accused by police and convicted he was a young man with no criminal record and no indication that he would become a problem. After 20 years in prison, obviously, his personality changed.

Note that in that case, after he was released but before he was fully exonerated, the police and prosecutors appear to be abusing their control of the media and of the 'public narrative' to portray him as possibly guilty of the first crime, murder, when they knew he was not. Their goal was obviously simply to make themselves look good with no regard whatsoever for the truth nor for their victims. 

There is one important difference between the two cases.

In the case involving the recent exoneration, one of the most important influencers was the mother of the victim. She recognized that the police arrested the wrong person and she saw to it that there was some accountability for the actual killer. 

In the Esar Met case the police terrorized the victim's family into silence using their "official" powers.

When members of that community raised doubts a gag order was issued.

When an investigator tried to fabricate evidence that supported the prosecutor's case the public was prevented from hearing facts.

The Burmese victim's family, as well as most of the people involved, were familiar with the danger authorities sometimes pose, and were easily silenced. One of the most shameful aspects of the Esar Met case was the mother of the victim feeling so threatened by authorities that she felt compelled to say "god bless america" after the trial. The fact that even the media ignored the real sentiment behind her comment says a lot as well. 



One example of an inaccurate article.

"Dozens of photographs showing injuries covering murder suspect Esar Met's body the day after his arrest as a suspect in the slaying of 7-year-old neighbor Hser Ner Moo are among the evidence gathered to build a case against the 21-year-old Burmese refugee. The injuries could be the result of second-grader Hser Ner Moo's efforts to fight off her attacker, according to the search warrants made public in 3rd District Court this week."

"The nearly 100 pages of search warrants detail evidence seized that connects Esar Met to the girl's murder inside his South Salt Lake apartment last month. Photographs ordered of the suspect's skin reveal abrasions on his shoulder, chest, back and legs, according to the search warrants. The man had redness around his navel and a circular abrasion on his hip, the documents state."

There was testimony at trial that his arrest was 'rough' and caused some abrasions. The child had pulled a handful of hair from the head of the killer. Mr Met was not missing a handful of hair. One of the roommates was.

"FBI agents found the body of Hser Ner Moo in Esar Met's basement shower on April 1. She was found beaten, raped and strangled a day after she walked away from her home at South Parc Townhomes, 2250 S. 500 East, in South Salt Lake. The girl's autopsy revealed she was clutching hair in her right hand that resembled that of Esar Met's. The girl was beaten about the head, neck and torso with some injuries consistent with strangulation or suffocation, according to court documents."

Why did the FBI 'lose' that hair?

"Esar Met's blood was on the floor of a room adjacent to the shower and spattered on one wall, according to the charging documents. He is charged with aggravated murder and kidnapping."

This article came out before the blood was tested. Actually the only dna in the room or walls came from one of the roommates, an unidentifiable male, and the victim. There was no dna, neither blood dna nor skin dna nor any other kind of dna from Esar Met found. The prosecution then claimed that Hser Ner Moo had Esar Met's dna under her fingernails, but the actual lab results, from the dna lab, contradict the prosecutor.

"Police recovered several items belonging to Hser Ner Moo in Esar Met's apartment, including the girl's pink shoes, a plastic red ribbon and the child's underwear, the search warrants state."

There were five people living in the apartment. It is misleading to refer to it as 'his' apartment. The other roommates stored bicycles, dvd's and other things in Esar Met's downstairs living area and had free access to it. There was no door, much less any locked door, that kept his living area separate from the common area.

"Police also seized a ring from Esar Met that could be the object responsible for a laceration found above Hser Ner Moo's left eyebrow, according to the documents. The girl's autopsy states the eye injury is consistent with a blunt force injury - possibly by being hit by someone wearing a ring."

The ring did not match any injuries and was not mentioned at trial.

"A bus pass found on the man when he was arrested at his aunt's Cottonwood Heights apartment on April 1 could show specific times Esar Met left and arrived at his South Salt Lake apartment the day of Hser Ner Moo's murder, according to the search warrants. A Social Security card and notebook were other items with the man at his arrest. Esar Met is being held in the Salt Lake County jail. The murder charge against him is punishable by death, but prosecutors have said they will wait until after a four-day preliminary hearing scheduled for Dec. 9 before deciding whether to pursue the death penalty."

The bus schedule is among the many pieces of evidence that point to the guilt of somebody else.





~In Progress 


A list of some of the evidence FBI and police investigators fabricated while investigating the murder of Hser Ner Moo.


Actual results say 'inconclusive'.

2 Confession

The actual confession was suppressed and hidden from jurors and the public because it shows he knew nothing about the crime. The public was simply told 'he confessed' rather than 'he was carefully and deliberately walked into a false confession'.

Blood on the handrail.

This testimony was meant to calm some people who were aware of problems in the confession. If it were true then it would make one small part of the confession possibly true. But an examination of the police report, as well as testimony at the trial by an FBI agent, make it clear this testimony was not factual.

4 Supposed fleeing the crime scene.

At least three witnesses can corroborate that the visit to the uncle's house was planned, but those witnesses were prevented from testifying to that.

5 Supposed fleeing from uncle's house.

Police told the public that when they arrived at the uncle's house Esar Met tried to run away. They later admitted they had not been truthful about that. In fact Esar Met spoke on the phone with them before the police arrived, and asked his aunt to give them the address.

There are many more examples, ranging from the hair evidence to the bus timeline to the mysterious locked door, anybody who is curious can research or ask questions.


A new testing process can easily prove that Esar Met was not the killer of Hser Ner Moo.

But there is a problem, even aside from the FBI's refusal to produce the hair.

In the initial prosecution, the FBI and local police falsified a vast amount of evidence.

Two hairs samples were taken as evidence from the body.

One of them was the killer's hair, which Hser Ner Moo was clutching in her hand. The other was a hair on her abdomen.

She was laying on her stomach in Esar Met's shower, so the hair on her abdomen could well have come from Esar Met.

Previous chicanery by the FBI and Salt Lake police suggests that they would try to pass off the hair found on the victim's abdomen as the hair that was being clutched.

There would have been photos taken of both hairs though, and it's very likely the clutched hair is quite a bit longer than the hair found on the victim's abdomen.

It remains to be seen if the FBI and local police will be forced to test the clutched hair, but if that is managed it would be wise to have some non U.S. law enforcement personnel in charge of handling the hairs, comparing them to photos and testing them. There are plenty of nonprofit orgs and refugee groups that have enough credibility to conduct the test.


Another Salt Lake City case that is unusual. In this case there is no clear forensic evidence that the accused is not guilty, as there is in the Esar Met case, but the tone of the investigation shows how evidence was viewed.

Look first at the appeal document. That supposedly should present evidence in a fair and truthful way. Instead it omits the entire defense viewpoint which is included in the CBS link.

There are many of the same problems in both cases, obviously including a lack of understanding of psychology by investigators.

One example is the shoe print. The accused was not likely to have 'staged' a suicide, but if he did he would have been unlikely to have hidden his use of specific footwear. The fact that a) numerous people were excluded based on the footprints and b) the footprints were not used to link his footwear to the crime, points to the prosecution bending evidence to suit their objective.