List of all the audio files used on the website so far.
New clips that have not been added to the website yet, along with the full audio and video of the 'confession' interview, are at the bottom of this page.
Clips with three asterisks *** are more relevant.
Extra long clip, 46 minutes, not added to website yet. The public was told there was one sample with a mix of DNA from Hser Ner Moo and 'roommate #1', but in fact there were several. Here is the prosecutor discussing the samples with the 'DNA expert'.
Parts of the defense cross examination are in short clips 1534 and 1535 below, here is the full defense audio of that witness, showing what appears to be a deliberate misrepresentation of the DNA evidence.
1) Note that DNA 'expert' never tested if bluestar or kastle meyer would react to betel nut. 2) At 29 33 with regard to q samples, defense points out flawed reasoning by prosecution but this was ignored by the jury. 3) Also, initial 2008 reports showed roommate #1 as having DNA mixed with Hser Ner Moo in 4 out of 5 samples at the crime scene. In 2013, right before the trial, this was changed to remove roommate #1 and 'not exclude' Esar Met, even though Esar Met was in fact 100% excluded from those samples.
This evidence, by itself, would normally be enough to convict roommate #1 in most courts if the prosecution had presented the DNA evidence accurately.
Here is a brief summary of all the evidence used by the prosecution, three clips, each ~9 minutes or less, given by the defense in closing arguments.
4) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/aPart_1whis.mp3 Defense lawyer / 2 minute whisper session
5) *** https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/aurora1.mp3 Aurora testifies & defense lawyer
6) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/aurora2.mp3 2013 Aurora testifies "After 1130am, before 1pm" creates a problem for prosecutor. Because of this testimony the prosecutor had to make sure she was not going to testify at trial.
7) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/auroramissing.mp3 2014 Aurora disappears. Notice that the testimony given by a police officer will be directly contradicted by the testimony she gave at the preliminary hearing before she vanished. See clip205 below.
8) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/aurorastipulation.mp3 The judge reads a snippet from Aurora's testimony as a stipulation, away from the context of the police officer who gives conflicting testimony. The purpose is to minimize Aurora's testimony but still protect the judge and lawyers from future legal challenges.
9) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip2a814.mp3 Preliminary hearing. The judge makes a ridiculous judgment call in favor of the prosecution. Prosecutor and Medical Examiner carefully avoid using the word "kick". The prosecutor asks an overtly dishonest question suggesting the time of death is consistent with having occurred before Esar Met left, which it was not. The judge appears to be aware of the 'time of death' problem facing the prosecution, and he, the judge, is helping the prosecution cover that problem up.
10) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip26.mp3 Roommate, testimony by brother of real killer.
11) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip43.mp3 Crime scene tech took photos showing water on walls of shower at 130am on day 3. See clip279 below.
12) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip48.mp3 Defense lawyer points out that a lot of reporters were present and may be influencing jury.
13) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip64.mp3 FBI agent gives deceptive testimony to cover investigative work done by the FBI before arriving, and testifies untruthfully about the final search. His testimony does not mesh with the reports filed by police after the case was over. The FBI had figured out where the body was through telephone surveillance and then found the body. They tried to create cover by pretending that Mikal Wersland had started a new 'final search', but the FBI neglected to tell him and the other police to change their incident reports, and those incident reports conflict with FBI claims on several important issues.
14) *** https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip82.mp3 Same FBI agent tries to sound chummy towards Mikal Wersland who was key to the FBI ruse of 'finding the body' and also creating cover for the false confession by saying blood was first found in the stairway. Notice that in the Guestbook after Wersland's death, all the people who knew him called him "Mikal" or "Mike". The FBI agent is scamming the court on this and several other things.
15) *** https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip97.mp3 Up until this hearing both defense and prosecution had been preventing anybody, including the judge, from watching the false confession. Now with a possible trial approaching they are shifting gears and trying to get the judge to officially block the 'false confession' interview. But in order to do that they have to let her watch the 'confession dvd' and read the transcript.
16) *** https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip105.mp3 Roommate who got Esar Met's phone number stumbles through testimony that caused problems for the FBI. There is not really any explanation for the roommate leaving the house just before the body was found "so the police could talk to Esar". If it had been after the body was found of course he would not have been allowed out. The FBI created several different stories trying to cover this issue, and that caused problems when a defense lawyer pointed out that one or another of the FBI agents were lying about several things. Ultimately the FBI fixed part of the problem by simply eliminating some of the audio record of testimony. An FBI agent enters the audio record to testify then a bunch of audio is missing, then there is a vague conversation among a few people about what just happened.
17) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip114.mp3 Evidence tech talking about footprints walking out of bathroom
18) *** https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip117.mp3 Evidence prosecutors obtained comparison footprints only from Esar Met, not from roommates. Also notice that initially there appear to have been palm prints found, image to the right, and the same technician collected his palm prints. That was one of several pieces of evidence, including the different hair samples, that were never mentioned at the trial. Note that many of the clips which are most embarrassing to the prosecution have heavy static which appears to have been added deliberately.
19) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip129.mp3 Prosecutor knows there is not enough evidence for a trial so he wants a bench trial, but he is trying to be slick about it. Clueless defense lawyer is not as skilled at scamming as the prosecutors.
20) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip134.mp3 Discussion about potential mistrial involving 'potentially exculpatory evidence' i.e., blood evidence in upstairs roommates' area. Notice that the same evidence tech who suddenly pointed out that potentially exculpatory evidence was the same tech who 'found' all the other DNA evidence, and who gave strange testimony saying he believed there was enough evidence to convict without this evidence. The appearance is that he had inappropriate prior conversations with the prosecutor, and then assisted the prosecution improperly, then began to have doubts and gave this material to the prosecutor who then mentioned it to the defense. Whispering at end.
21) *** https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip141.mp3 Clever ruse that has Esar Met "waiving speedy trial" several years after his arrest. Defense and judge covering themselves from accusations of working for the prosecution. Defense and judge had previously been embarrassed when he yelled that he was not guilty and they tried to prevent the public from learning about that. The ruse is that the defense needs time for DNA testing but the truth is that the prosecution needs the time to adjust their DNA results with help from a friend at Sorenson.
At this point all sides know that the evidence points to "roommate #1" but nobody wants to admit that the FBI got a confession from somebody who was not involved. Worse for all parties involved though is the simple fact that if the FBI had done their actual job of doublechecking the local investigators, instead of trying to arrange an 'FBI hero scenario' the child would have been found before the final kicks i.e., she would have been injured but alive, and possibly not permanently injured. Much of the deception by the FBI and prosecutor revolves around hiding evidence of how long the girl was alive. The medical examiner understood and cooperated. The defense lawyer appears not to have understood or perhaps wasn't fully onboard with the deception.
22) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip143.mp3 Defense and judge have a coded conversation about how they can avoid a trial and arrange a bench trial or guilty plea. The previous attempt at having him plead guilty ended with him yelling that he was not guilty.
23) *** https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip148.mp3 Judge wondering why DNA results are again delayed. Notice mention of Terry Black case. The investigator mentioned has been on the periphery of some very odd cases, and his actions in some are unusual. The Terry Black case is similar to this case, a child murder with huge gaps in the evidence and a prosecution too eager to take shortcuts.
24) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip159.mp3 Preliminary hearing whisper session trying to address the embarrassment of a translator telling the media about Esar Met claiming to be not guilty.
25) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip169.mp3 Preliminary hearing. Up to, during, and after the interview nobody saw blood on the jacket. This technician put the jean jacket in a paper bag and did not notice any blood.
26) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip191.mp3 Detective lies about unsearched apartments. His own incident report, as well as those of other officers, contradict his testimony. The reason for the lie was that police did not want to admit that only one apartment was unsearched, which was where the body was found, and they did not want to admit their own detectives decided the apartment must be vacant even though the girl was known to go to that apartment.
27) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip192.mp3 Same detective, lying now about the 'final search'. The FBI needed police to pretend that the discovery of the body happened during a search of all apartments, rather than the FBI going to that apartment because their surveillance of various people led them to believe the body was there. It looks like the FBI had assumed those police would create cover for the FBI fiction in the police report by changing their incident reports, but they did not, so the FBI deception is wide open to exposure.
28) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip197.mp3 Prosecutor trying to create an image in the juries minds of how the four linear microscopic blood droplets may have gotten on the back of Esar Met's jacket when there was no other blood on his jacket. This "DNA" evidence was part of the diversion away from the simple fact that "roommate #1" had his blood mixed in several places with the victim's blood. Prosecutors needed to eliminate this real DNA evidence pointing to the roommate, which they did by changing DNA reporting standards, then create new DNA evidence which could be used to implicate Esar Met.
29) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip199.mp3 Defense lawyer gets chummy with detective.
30) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip200.mp3 Again defense lawyer chumming with detective.
31) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip203.mp3 Wait.The apartment had a back sliding door which is extremely important and was never mentioned publicly. Anybody can look on Google maps and see why it was important. https://email@example.com,-111.8775862,193m, click on satellite layer, the apartment was at the south part of the complex.
The back door leads to a common area hidden by trees where people can go from one apartment to another.
Near the body was a large trash can and some large plastic bags filled with blood suggesting the body may have been moved from one apartment to another. See image. In another clip the detective hints at suspicions towards another apartment's residents. Notice how this testimony transitions between 'front door' and 'back door'. In fact the back of the apartment was not being watched until after the body was found, and this was another embarrassment that had to be minimized.
There was a trash can near the body and some large plastic bags filled with blood, and police had been assigned to surveil a 'person of interest' in a nearby apartment.
And that area, in the back of #472 and nearby apartments was not being watched by police until after the body was found.
Notice the police report image to the right. A police officer had noticed some sandals of the type the girl was wearing at the entrance to a nearby apartment. He later got some other officers and went to that apartment to search. Inside was a locked door which the residents said they did not have a key for. They kicked the door down and the room was empty.
32) *** https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip205.mp3 One of the testimonies that needed Aurora to disappear in order to be presented. Aurora presented facts that made the officers appear bumbling. That was fixed by having her disappear, probably via immigration police, so this officer could say he asked her about Hser the same evening Hser went missing. Compare this testimony to Aurora's testimony.
33) *** https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip230.mp3 Defense lawyer getting annoyed with how the FBI was cleaning up their story to explain how the roommate left to get Esar Met's phone number.
34) *** https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip253.mp3 Ethnic tensions. Note that "kalar" is an ethnic slur in Burmese, similar to "ni**er" in English, but the defense lawyer believes there is a kalar ethnic group, and the victim's father is trying to be polite.
35) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip254.mp3 Awkward testimony with victim's mother trying to be polite about ethnic issues. The conversation involves the mother of the victim's school friend who the victim had tried to visit the day she disappeared. Both the school girl who was Hser's friend, and her brother who was Esar's friend, also testified. One problem for the prosecution was that Esar Met had stopped by that family in the morning before Hser Ner Moo went missing, and said he was leaving to visit his aunt and uncle and others. This completely excluded Esar Met as the killer, so the prosecution removed the mother as a witness and the defense cooperated by not calling her as a witness. The boy did testify and his testimony was catastrophic for the prosecution, clip916 below, but no media reported it and the jury ignored it.
36) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip256.mp3 Evidence technician mentioning objects in bathroom.
37) *** https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip279.mp3 Evidence tech "clothing was wet" and "drops of water" in shower. Devastating to prosecution. Indicates somebody washed the body long after Esar Met had left.
38) *** https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip314.mp3 Non jury, non public hearing. Defense lawyer annoyed with FBI deceptions.
39) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip315.mp3 Non jury, non public hearing. Longer context, trying to clarify changing versions of FBI story in the context of roommate authority which is a red herring, and other issues, and not related to larger FBI deceptions. At 4:10 prosecutor does not want judge to view/review FBI report. Says it would be 'troubling' to have the court review the FBI report. One of the sand traps the prosecutor is trying to protect the FBI from involves the roommate who got the phone number.
40) *** https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip325.mp3 Medical expert who found rape evidence. The medical examiner did not find evidence of rape so the prosecutor asked her to find that evidence which the public had already been told about.
41) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip326.mp3 Same medical expert more details.
42) *** https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip327.mp3 Same medical expert. Medical examiner had not found evidence of sexual assault but she did.
43) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip328.mp3 Same expert explaining that the sexual injury was severe.
44) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip375.mp3 Preliminary hearing. FBI counsel prepares to clean up problematic events. Then FBI agent Lamadrid lies about how the final search started.
45) *** https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip376.mp3 First audio after mysterious gap when FBI counsel halted testimony at preliminary hearing, and had audio record removed because of Lamadrid's testimony. As the testimony resumes Lamadrid tells a mix of truth and lies. Lamadrid and three others were told exactly what to do in the apartment where they knew the body was, but a lot of loose ends were left including the inexplicable way the roommate got the phone number where Esar Met was.
46) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip384.mp3 Esar Met's uncle says he has visited Esar at South Park and asked him to bring the bicycle repair kit, which is mentioned in the confession interview. Police want to portray Esar Met as 'fleeing', but his uncle had asked him to bring the bike repair kit. Compare to beginning of pastebin transcript.
47) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip397b.mp3 Medical examiner, cuts on finger, left forearm and wrist broken, bruise on right knee.
48) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip399.mp3 Medical examiner, no time of death.
49) *** https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip400.mp3 Medical examiner, dishonest question by prosecutor approved by judge then answered deceptively by medical examiner.
50) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip401.mp3 Medical examiner, defense, time of death.
51) *** https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip402.mp3 Medical examiner, defense. Despite an exhaustive autopsy the medical examiner did not get any information that might indicate time of death in any way, such as food in the digestive tract. Medical examiner did not know about asthma, did not get medical history, etc.
52) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip403.mp3 Medical examiner, prosecutor, brain swelling, impacts to head, oxygen deprivation
53) *** https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip404.mp3 Lividity not affected by temp, rigor was hard at time of examination, cadaveric spasm mentioned, note body was clutching hair. Exertion, fighting will make rigor happen faster. Medical examiner will not specify a rigor window, but the times he uses decisively exclude Esar Met as the killer. The exam started around 530am April 2. Esar Met left South Park between 7am and 239pm on March 31, at least 38 hours prior.
Notice too the image of part of the police log that night. The prosecutor needed to fix the timeline as much as possible so he moved lots of things a little bit in a helpful direction. According to the police log the body was not removed until 553am so the autopsy where 'hard rigor' was observed was after 6, probably 7 or 8am.
54) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip405.mp3 Medical examiner, prosecutor, time of death. Medical examiner is trying to help the prosecution but is contradicting his own previous testimony.
55) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip406.mp3 Medical examiner, defense. Notice that the Medical Examiner had not found any evidence of sexual assault, as mentioned previously and documented in his autopsy findings. In other words he looked for that kind of evidence but did not find it. The defense lawyer alters that fact substantially, by saying that the medical examiner "had not made any findings regarding sexual assault". In other words the defense lawyer is once again trying to defend the FBI/police narrative of a sexual assault being the motive for the murder. In fact it was a staged sexual assault. The killer posed the body in order to give the appearance of sexual assault. This is discussed on other pages of this website, and is another example of the defense having more loyalty to the prosecution and law enforcement than to the truth or his client.
56) *** https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip407.mp3 Medical examiner, defense. Discrepancy about whether Medical examiner went to crime scene. He says he did not, but logs kept by police indicate he did, see log image to right. Various paperwork problems, missing room temp, missing body temp, etc. Time of death questions. Time line excludes Esar Met as the killer. Medical examiner misunderstands significance of water on shower stall. Note that the apartment was warm until the body was discovered and the front door was left open. Even after having it explained the medical examiner still does not get the significance of the water droplets, and he has not thought through the temperature history as it relates to his time line.
57) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip409.mp3 Whispering about water on shower stall, medical examiner eavesdropping.
58) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip421.mp3 Preliminary hearing. DA investigator history. He has an extensive list of credentials but he was the individual who got inaccurate information from Hser Ner Moo's friend, for the prosecutor i.e., he wanted her to testify that Esar Met might have molested her or Hser Ner Moo, but she said that she had never made the statements he claimed she made. He appears to have been involved in other trickery as well on behalf of the prosecutor.
59) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip424.mp3 Same investigator, more evidence of something not quite right about that investigator and his association with the prosecutor.
60) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip425a.mp3 Roommates were not handcuffed when taken to police station. The FBI knew about Esar Met before they entered the apartment and they carefully had to stage his arrest but they made many little mistakes.
61) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip459.mp3 Defense lawyer talking about problem in one FBI agent's testimony.
62) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip478.mp3 One of the less serious problems with the FBI version, in the context of who had authority over the basement, which was a red herring, completely irrelevant.
63) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip494.mp3 Defense whispering
65) *** https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip535.mp3 November 2012 Gag order. The prosecutor, judge and defense knew there was not real evidence against Esar Met, but they needed to convict him in order to keep the false confession and other mistakes from becoming public. They carefully got him to agree to plead guilty, but once he got to the courtroom he yelled that he was not guilty and that he confessed due to threats. The judge, prosecutor and defense all tried to hide what he said from the media, but a translator told a reporter that he had yelled he was not guilty, and the judge then issued an order that translators and others were forbidden from speaking to media to prevent this kind of thing from repeating.
66) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip591.mp3 Aurora repeat of other clip.
67) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip592.mp3 Stipulation involving Aurora. Repeat of other clip.
68) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip597.mp3 Victim's shoes. This was the only piece of evidence in the entire case which makes a person wonder if he might be guilty, and could have been used as rationale to pursue a case against Esar Met since he sort of gave an accurate description of how the shoes might have gotten in that position. See lines 725 to 753 https://pastebin.com/qZcK69HH A competent interrogator would have seized on that one answer, the only thing in the entire case, and asked him things like "Did you throw them underhand or overhand" etc while trying to get at the truth. But nobody was interested in the truth.
There are some suspicious oddities in clip597 though. Notice that the prosecutor says "What else did you see?" The only time during the trial when an open ended question like that was asked to a technician about the crime scene. There are photos of what he saw, lots of photos, so the prosecutor appears to be fishing for something specific which he is already aware of. He knows that the shoes are the only thing Esar Met got right about the crime scene, and the answer by the technician sounds kind of rehearsed. This is one of several clips where the audio is distorted, and most of the clips with similarly distorted audio are similarly odd in some way.
69) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip598.mp3 Medical examiner investigator, prosecutor. At about 5:30am April 2. Body was still wet from being washed. Hair was wet. Dead up to 36 hours i.e., several hours after Esar Met left, which excludes Esar Met. Also he neglects to calculate temperature history accurately. It was only after the body was discovered that the front door was left open and cold air flowed inside.
70) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip599.mp3 Medical examiner investigator, defense. Notice "last seen alive" and compare to testimony of Aurora vs officer who talked to Aurora. Police were in a pickle and needed to move time of death back for purposes of keeping Esar Met as a suspect, but also forward for purposes of keeping him as a suspect. No way for police to do that without changing testimony away from facts.
71) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip600.mp3 Medical examiner investigator, defense, medical history omitted.
72) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip601.mp3 Medical examiner investigator, defense, no 'odor of death'.
73) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip616.mp3 Prosecutor to parent of victim, prosecutor is dishonestly manipulating jury which has been selected for their susceptibility to this kind of manipulation.
74) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip617.mp3 Defense asking tasteless and unnecessary questions, parent of victim tries to politely deflect.
75) *** https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip620.mp3 Prosecutor, mentions officer Matthew Jewkes who was unavailable.
76) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip626.mp3 Prosecutor, uncle. Esar Met did not shower or wash his clothing after arriving at aunt's / uncle's house.
77) *** https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip627.mp3 Swat officer Richard Deke Taylor lying under oath at preliminary hearing. That hearing gave the prosecution an opportunity to iron out obvious lies before the jury trial which would be much more public. This Swat officer is very comfortable lying under oath, but he is not too bright so many of his lies bubble up.
78) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip628.mp3 Shorter cut, of clip627.
79) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip629.mp3 Swat officer Richard Deke Taylor struggling not to lie too much.
80) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip630.mp3 Swat officer Richard Deke Taylor pretending he was a hero.
81) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip631.mp3 Swat officer Richard Deke Taylor indicates he was working with others to tidy up his testimony, by giving information he only would have known long after the raid.
82) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip679.mp3 Defense, mother of victim went to #472 when child was missing. Not reported by media in Salt Lake City. She walked in without knocking and knew the roommates. This would have been problematic for police since they would have had to explain why they didn't get suspicious when the roommates would not respond to police.
83) *** https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip715.mp3 Defense trying to pump up police image after a lot of testimony that portrayed police as bumbling incompetent idiots. The mother of the victim understands that the purpose now is to rehabilitate the image of police and she cooperates out of fear of authorities.
84) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip745.mp3 Aurora at preliminary hearing.
85) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip746.mp3 Preliminary hearing. Aurora testimony problematic for police and prosecution. Prosecution needed to get rid of this testimony.
86) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip747.mp3 Preliminary hearing, Aurora. Prosecutor will need to discredit her before jury trial. Related testimony given by Burmese witnesses later will show how prosecutors and police were intimidating the Burmese witnesses, but that as some of the Burmese lost their fear of police problems started popping up for prosecutors. Aurora testified accurately and probably should have been more fearful of police.
87) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip748.mp3 Aurora, defense. Awkward for police.
88) *** https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip781.mp3 Judge wonders why DNA evidence isn't ready yet after 5 years. The judge is expert at covering herself and this is an example. Very similar to when the defense told her away from the jury that he was not going to present a case, then later when the jury was present that same judge pretended to be surprised when the defense lawyer says he isn't presenting a case.
89) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip803.mp3 Prosecutor stipulations. Timecards were an obvious problem, and the prosecution was very clever about eliminating the problem. No resistance nor research by the defense. The "two brothers" refers to the actual killer and his brother. Their testimony given right after the murder had to be adjusted a bit. The interview with the actual killer was done with his friend Win Zaw Aung interpreting and FBI agent Steven Pickens and Detective Sutera helping make sure the FBI narrative of Esar Met being the killer isn't damaged.
90) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip810ab.mp3 Prosecutor, medical examiner. Empty chest cavity. Completely unnecessary aspect of the autopsy. Could have been useful perhaps for time of death but when he saw there was nothing in the digestive tract he realized the prosecution had problems. Much of his testimony reflects private discussions he had with the prosecution.
91) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip814.mp3 Prosecutor asking father of victim about previous injuries.
92) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip819aa.mp3 Photo of brain "a number of days" after autopsy. More likely several years after the autopsy, as he was preparing the powerpoint presentation with the prosecutor.
93) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip824.mp3 Prosecutor, Detective commits minor perjury.
94) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip862.mp3 Judge, stipulation. Incredible that the defense agrees to allow this. Prevents discussion of many issues in the investigation, including any evidence the body was moved and anything involving the sliding back door, as well as other significant issues.
95) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip873.mp3 Swat officer Richard Deke Taylor lying under oath again. The Swat officers need to weave several fictions together, to combine what the media has been told in the past with the latest prosecution story. This clip is a comical mix of two elements of the Swat story, both entirely fictional.
96) *** https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip875.mp3 Swat officer Richard Deke Taylor. Note palm down motion. To Burmese people that gesture means "come here".
97) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip884.mp3 Preliminary hearing, defense agrees to chain of custody on evidence pending more information.
98) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip885.mp3 Preliminary hearing. Jean jacket. This is the first person who saw any possible blood on jean jacket. He is the same person who found all of the other significant forensic evidence used by the prosecution. He also tried to contradict his coworker who testified in the defense's favor about water in the shower. His 'four stain' testimony makes no sense in the context of the crime i.e., four linear micro stains on the back of a jacket, but no blood on the front or sleeves, so his 'expert authority' is being used to make the evidence appear relevant.
99) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip886.mp3 Preliminary, chain of custody accepted.
100) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip897.mp3 Uncle of Esar Met. The Aunt and Uncle initially were terrorized by police kicking down their door and scaring their children, so they told the police they didn't really know Esar Met and didn't know why he went there. As they learned more about the case, and were less fearful of police, they began telling the truth. Esar Met visited to bring the uncle a bicycle repair tool. The aunt and uncle had visited him a few times at his apartment and he had visited them before too.
101) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip904.mp3 The young school friend of Hser Ner Moo. The state's investigator had been trying to get her to say that Esar Met had acted inappropriately, in a way that might imply he was 'grooming' them for sexual assault. See clip421. This 'sex theme' was the core of the state's case, and the investigator was told he had to find evidence that Esar Met was 'grooming' or had molested the children. Very similar to the expert who, after no evidence of sexual assault was found, was told to find evidence of sexual assault, see clip326, clip327, and clip327. The killer had 'posed' the body in such a way as to look like a sex crime, including removing the victim's underwear. Creating a fake 'sex crime' to stir up anger at a competing ethnic group is not rare in Burma, but in the U.S. has not been a 'normal' crime for many decades. Long ago in the U.S. it was common to whip up animosity towards blacks by saying one of them had raped a white woman.
102) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip916.mp3 Esar Met's friend. Testimony is big problem for prosecution.
103) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip921.mp3 Prosecutor is angry about testimony in clip916 which, if true, is one more proof that Esar Met was not the killer, and ruins the prosecution case.
104) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip932.mp3 Uncle of Esar Met. Notice name of 'yenoot' from https://pastebin.com/qZcK69HH transcript. Esar knew the police were coming. Media in Salt Lake City did not report this because it contradicted the police version of him 'fleeing'. Police committed perjury to defend that lie until finally admitting it was not true, but presenting a modified fiction, also perjury, to justify their previous lying.
105) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip953.mp3 Prosecutor, arrest of Esar Met. Esar Met's aunt's and uncle's house had been under FBI surveillance since before the body was found. The involvement of local police was carefully choreographed to make sure the officer's who entered were two specific officers. Other police, including this officer, were considered 'reliable', but not fully in the loop. Notice attempt to clean up conflict with clip620.
a) A strange sidenote involving clip620 and the end of clip953. There are two separate pages entered into the police report which present two different officers as being the first to respond and speak to Carrie Pender. According to his own supplemental report, Matthew Jewkes responds first, does a search of nearby apartments, coordinates with civilian searchers etc. He dies before the preliminary hearing.
b) Officer Burton also submits a report that he was the first responding officer, but his report is much more polished and he has "all available units respond", made copies of her photo, etc. It looks like his report was peppered with details to minimize criticism of the police response.
c) Detective Byington then files a supplemental report saying he was contacted at 1930, 730pm, by Jewkes who briefed him, and he then met with Sutera, and at 10pm on March 31 he claims he and Sutera spoke with Aurora who told them where she had seen the child. Her testimony at the preliminary hearing, before she disappeared, was quite different. Byington's report appears to be falsified and backdated. It is inconsistent with facts known in 2013. It was probably added between 2008 and 2012.
d) On April 1 at 8am, Byington says in his narrative that he teamed up with FBI agent Pickens. The implication is that initially FBI agents were heavily involved then when they realized that the child had been alive into the second day they backtracked, and falsified much of the timeline, so that the blame would fall on local police.
106) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip981.mp3 Mikal Wersland changed facts slightly, believing he was helping the FBI with something he didn't fully understand. He didn't understand he was being used by the FBI to help the FBI keep the FBI aspect of the case buried.
107) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip1035.mp3 Defense schooling jury on geography.
108) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip1036.mp3 Defense giving background.
109) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip1037.mp3 Defense gives excellent 'burden of proof' summary. Completely ignored by jurors because he himself made sure that jurors selected would not understand 'burden of proof' concept.
110) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip1067.mp3 Stipulation, 'denim jacket collected properly'.
111) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip1131.mp3 Stipulation, 'no evidence was altered or contaminated'.
112) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip1136.mp3 Footprint comedy, part 1. @6 minutes "sufficiently similar characteristics to be from same source". At this point the footprints are the strongest evidence the prosecutor has in juries eyes, after DNA.
113) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip1140.mp3 Footprint comedy, part 2.
114) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip1141.mp3 Footprint comedy part 3. Expert given four exemplars, all from Esar Met. Jump next to comedy part 4 at clip1517.
115) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip1254.mp3 Detective who got false confession with FBI agent. Prosecutor wants to tidy up 'false confession' image without having it entered into record. There was some publicity about 'translation issues' and the prosecutor wants to ease those concerns without making the interview available for scrutiny.
116) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip1255.mp3 Detective, defense. Esar Met was in holding cell 7 or 8 hours. The FBI appears to have arranged for the same interpreter to be in the interviews of both the real killer, and Esar Met. The interpreter had unusual knowledge of the crime which raises questions. The defense lawyer is trying to shift responsibility from the FBI to local police even though the FBI appears to have deliberately skewed the two interviews. No FBI agents were questioned at trial on this issue despite their apparently being more responsible. The FBI agent who was responsible for the false confession itself never appeared at the trial. During this clip it is mentioned that the translator was a friend of the victim's family, but he was also a friend of the real killer, as evidenced on the transcript lines 1176 to 1178 https://pastebin.com/qZcK69HH
117) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip1256.mp3 Detective, prosecutor. There is no question that the investigation was steered away from the roommates and toward Esar Met at the direction of the FBI. This clip and others try to shift responsibility to local police. At 3 minutes the prosecutor tries to validate the confession without presenting the overwhelming evidence that the confession was false. Extremely dishonest prosecutor.
118) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip1257.mp3 Defense, detective.
119) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip1258.mp3 Prosecutor, detective. Discussion of deception used in validating the 'confession' while keeping it hidden from scrutiny. Defense and prosecution are cooperating fully against Esar Met. The defense provides elaborate cover for the incredibly dishonest prosecutor. There is literally no difference between the defense and prosecution and judge, all are carefully trying to force a conviction.
120) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip1259.mp3 Talk about interpreters.
121) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip1307.mp3 Prosecutor, uncle. Prosecutor is upset that the uncle is no longer afraid to tell the truth. Aunt and uncle were initially terrorized at their house and told police what the police wanted them to say. As time passed they told the truth.
122) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip1311.mp3 Prosecutor, aunt. They were waiting for police to knock but then the police suddenly broke down the door to create a fiction about a 'dangerous fleeing fugitive' fiction for media. She was holding several week old child when police broke door down.
123) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip1325.mp3 Prosecutor, uncle. Prosecutor again uncomfortable with changing stories now that Burmese witnesses are not as afraid.
124) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip1348.mp3 Medical examiner, prosecutor. Background, investigator role etc. He is a member of child death investigation group.
125) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip1367.mp3 Prosecutor, aunt. Aunt gets annoyed at prosecutor's sleaziness.
126) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip1373.mp3 Defense, aunt. Esar had been to their house three times.
127) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip1374.mp3 Defense, aunt.
128) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip1375.mp3 Second phone call. Esar gave phone to aunt to give address for police to come. Went back to eating dinner. Police then broke down door.
129) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip1391.mp3 Esar Met statement after conviction, before sentencing. Gives some information defense and prosecution were trying to hide.
130) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip1394.mp3 Judge pretends that she has no idea that he is not guilty.
131) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip1400.mp3 Esar Met snippet.
132) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip1403.mp3 Trial shortened due to "high level of cooperation" between defense and prosecution.
133) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip1422.mp3 Roommate, i.e., brother of real killer, prosecutor. Defense had pointed out some contradictions in roommate story, now prosecutor tries to clean that up for the jury. Some of the roommates said they did not know the girl was missing even though there were searchers all over, and missing posters. At least one roommate was cornered into admitting he did know the girl was missing. The roommates were all evicted from Southpark after the murder.
134) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip1425.mp3 Real killer admits he knew police were looking for the child.
135) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip1440.mp3 Defense points out prosecutorial sleaziness.
136) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip1441.mp3 Prosecutor responds sleazily. Prosecutor had been trying to mislead the jury by making comments suggestive of things that were not true. Interestingly, he draws the defense into defending a supposed 'personal attack' which was not the real issue. Prosecutor is sleazy, but very smart, and the judge ignores the reality and decides in favor of the prosecutor. The other defense lawyer then further muddies the issue by pushing procedural things which are not relevant.
137) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip1473.mp3 Prosecutor. Does roommate have memory problems? Earthquake may have damaged his memory.
138) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip1483.mp3 Roommate awkwardness involving search.
139) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip1486.mp3 Prosecutor, roommate.
140) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip1498.mp3 Whisper
141) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip1509.mp3 Judge has now watched interview and read transcript and understands one of the reasons the interview has to be hidden, but she also knows there is a slight chance it could be used at trial. She is saying that if it is used nobody can talk about anything in the interview except what the defense and prosecutor address directly. She knows that the defense will not do anything to portray the FBI and police negatively so she is not worried at that point.
142) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip1517.mp3 Footprint comedy part 4. The footprint had been 'consistent' with Esar Met until it was noticed that the only person's feet he compared the evidence with was Esar Met. Court was recessed and an evidence technician took samples from the roommates, and this clip is after that. At this point footprints could have come from "any average person" bigger than a child and smaller than a professional basketball player.
143) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip1517a.mp3 Short version ~4 minutes
144) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip1521.mp3 Prosecutor, Evidence tech, DNA, tshirt had blood on inside. Prosecutor tries to imply the tshirt had evidentiary value but it did not, as the defense would point out. Initially he excluded Hser Ner Moo's blood as being present, but later did not exclude her. He is aware that defense will uncover that deception so he carefully words his statement despite what the prosecutor wants.
145) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip1524.mp3 Defense, Evidence tech, DNA, tshirt. Note that Hser Ner Moo was excluded decisively. There were alleles in the second profile that did not match Hser Ner Moo nor Esar Met. In other words there was zero chance the second profile was Hser Ner Moo. The 'revised standard' did not apply to this scenario. It was improperly used in order to give the appearance that it could have been Hser Ner Moo's blood. The defense lawyer is being polite but the technician is being deliberately deceptive. The technician speaks confidently and authoritatively, but the substance of what he is saying is extremely dishonest. This is the same tech who found blood on the jacket and fixed other DNA evidence for the prosecution.
146) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip1526.mp3 Prosecutor, same evidence tech. Another witness gave evidence about water in the shower stall which favored the defense. This witness has been very willing to help the prosecutor so the prosecutor uses him to 'eliminate' the problematic water on the walls of the shower stall. He is contradicting several more reliable witnesses, in order to help the prosecutor.
147) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip1529.mp3 Defense, same evidence tech.
148) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip1534.mp3 Ex82, Q2. Defense, same evidence tech. Blood spatter on wall. This testimony involving another sample of Hser Ner Moo's blood mixed with that of roommate #1. Was not reported accurately by media, as a favor to prosecution. First report excluded Esar Met and pointed to roommate#1 as being DNA contributor. Second report did not exclude Esar Met and did not mention roommate #1.
149) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip1535.mp3 Ex47, Q12. Blood on west wall. Defense, same evidence tech. Esar Met excluded, mix of two contributors. Consistent with mixed blood from Hser Ner Moo and roommate#1.
150) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip1536.mp3 Ex 145 & 146. Defense, same evidence tech. Blood on upstairs level not made public until this point. It's possible the technician felt guilty about assistance he had given to the prosecutor, and compensated by giving this information to the prosecutor near the end of the trial, who then was obligated to give it to the defense. Raised the possibility of a mistrial which was then denied. Because the blood spot was identifiable as blood, and was confused with betel nut juice, it indicates the bloodstain was very fresh i.e., still reddish. Note final comment by technician about evidence on the jacket, which he found after nobody else saw blood on the jacket.
151) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip1544.mp3 Prosecutor, same evidence tech. Prosecutor trying to clean up inconsistent blood evidence.
152) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip1570.mp3 Scratches, redness etc on Esar Met. 40 minute clip. Prosecutor, registered nurse. Collected evidence from Esar Met and photographed skin. Notice millimeter references e.g. @33 minutes and @36 minutes. She wants to help the prosecution but is a bit skeptical.
153) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip1571.mp3 Defense, registered nurse. Esar Met had obvious skin conditions visible on video, scratched himself on video, was dragged by police when arrested etc.
154) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip1572.mp3 Prosecutor, registered nurse. Esar Met did not have psoriasis.
155) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip1573.mp3 Defense, registered nurse. There are many skin conditions other than psoriasis. Whisper.
156) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip1588.mp3 Prosecutor, evidence tech, fingernail DNA. Final probability @ 5 minutes 15 seconds. One chance in 1142 that it is not his DNA.
157) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip1590.mp33 Prosecutor, same evidence tech. The first DNA report done said that there was no DNA found on the 'rape kit' DNA test. This conflicted with the prosecution narrative right after the crime, so the report was changed to indicate that there was DNA but not enough quality or quantity to test. The public was never told about this. This subject is developed further in other clips. The prosecutor knows that there was zero DNA found on the 'rape kit', but he wants the jury to imagine that there may have been some. More info https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clipcoderkit.mp3
158) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip1591.mp3 Defense, same evidence tech. Refers to the actual 'rape kit' swab result.
159) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip1624.mp3 Judge rereads all stipulations.
160) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip1633.mp3 Defense tells judge no defense case will be prevented. Judge covers herself carefully with regard to Esar Met not testifying.
161) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip1641.mp3 Several minutes after clip1633, jury is now present and the judge pretends to be surprised that the defense will not present a case. She and all the others are very careful about protecting themselves, not so much about protecting people like Esar Met.
162) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip1658.mp3 Prosecutor lies to jury about simple facts three times in 28 seconds. Items detailed on Hidden evidence page.
163) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip1661.mp3 Defense responds to one of the prosecutor's lies.
164) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip1670.mp3 Defense describing levels of proof. Good information which sails over the head of jurors selected for their simplemindedness. Defense has worked carefully with the prosecutor to make sure Esar Met would be convicted, but he also covers his actions carefully and well from future scrutiny. Remember that the two jurors, who were viewed as the most diligent note takers by a reporter, were both dismissed part way into the trial. The defense lawyer is speaking accurately and factually, but it is within the broader context of his overall deceptiveness in carefully and deliberately not providing an adequate defense.
165) ***https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip1673.mp3 Defense to jury, good information. Again though he himself selected simpler jurors who would ignore information like that.
166) ***https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip1676.mp3 Defense, good information, pearls to swine etc.
167) ***https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip1678.mp3 Defense, good information etc.
168) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip1680.mp3 Defense, could there be somebody else involved?
169) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip1682.mp3 Final instruction to jury. Judge tells jurors they can only rely on memory. No testimony repeated, no transcripts etc.
170) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip1716a.mp3 Father mentions cut finger.
171) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip1871b.mp3 Victim's father, timeline. Victim's father was under a lot of pressure for reasons not discussed yet. He is letting his wife 'respect' the system, police etc while he stands a step back.
172) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip1871d.mp3 Timeline questions involving an awkward aspect of the case that was never publicized.
173) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip1871f.mp3 Unclear trivial incident that occurred shortly before murder.
174) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clip1871g.mp3 Hser may have been angry that morning. This is significant because when she later was in #472 and roommate #1 came in she was not as respectful to an older person as she normally would be which may have contributed to the initial attack. Knocked on Aurora's door. Went to #472. At that point it's likely only roommate #1 knew Hser was in the basement. Paul Vandyke.
175) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clipcoderkit.mp3 Evidence tech Daniel Hellwig was favoring the prosecution but got caught in a deception.
176) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clipopeningaa.mp3 Prosecutor opens at beginning of trial.
177) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clipQ2etc.mp3 Q2 was a mix of DNA from Hser Ner Moo and another person which the prosecutor tried to portray as a mixture of DNA from Hser Ner Moo and possibly Esar Met, but in fact Esar Met was conclusively excluded from being the minor profile.
178) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clipQ10etc.mp3 Q10 and Q11 minor profile changed to 'unknown' so that it would not exclude Esar Met when actually he was excluded as contributor.
179) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/clipQ12etc.mp3 Another mixture but no major or minor, was a mixture of Hser Ner Moo and roommate #1. "No major or minor" means there were roughly equivalent concentrations of DNA from each.
180) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/cliptshirta.mp3 Blood on Esar Met's tshirt was mainly from him. Hser Ner Moo was absolutely excluded as being the other contributor. He had been roughly arrested and dragged by police which may explain who the other DNA came from. Hser Ner Moo was initially excluded definitively. This was changed under pressure from the prosecutor who did not want the initial report used. The technician is using circular subterfuge, covering for the prosecutor's interference. The defense thoroughly discredits the technician but because the technician speaks with confidence and authority the jurors ignore the substance of the testimony.
181) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/conbfdis.mp3 Hearing which is absolutely ridiculous theater. Motion to suppress police interview. The interview should have been a strong piece of evidence for the defense, since it shows Esar Met got the crime details wrong until the FBI agent fed him details, but somehow the prosecutor got the defense to ask for suppression. The main goal of the defense lawyer appears to be protecting the FBI and police from criticism. Transcript had been aggressively hidden from judge, and everybody else, until this hearing. In this hearing both defense and prosecutor are trying to shift attention away from the obvious indications Esar Met is not guilty, and towards misconduct by the translator. Defense and prosecutor are on the same side, again, both carefully arranging conviction. At about 11 minutes 48 seconds into the clip the prosecutor mentions having a U.S. attorney and an FBI agent which indicates he has probably discussed the problematic interview with FBI lawyers who obviously do not want it public.
182) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/copft.mp3 Prosecutor, cop lying about Aurora interview.
183) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/juryoddities1.mp3 New clip, the initial jury pool was clearly not a random selection. A separate page will be made on this issue. The first juror that the defense agreed to was the wife of the new principal at Hser Ner Moo's grade school. The initial jury pool included a member of the SWAT team who arrested Esar Met, a very high number of people who had worked as corrections officers, a person who was involved in the case, etc. The final jury selected from the firts 45 people in the jury pool will be discussed on another page, and more audio will be added.
184) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/kartung1a.mp3 Prosecutor, father of girl.
185) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/perly3a.mp3 Perly Wa, 'kalar' ethnic discussion, went to 472
186) ***https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/todd12.mp3 Medical examiner, dried blood on face, only open injury was on head
This space at the top will add new audio and video clips which do not appear on other pages of the website yet.
187) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/rasmusnobloodstair.mp3 The fire captain and his paramedic were probably among the first ten people to go downstairs where the body was, after the FBI agents and a few SSLPD officers and maybe a few others. When the fire captain was going down the stairs the person who was taking him to the body told him to walk in his footsteps so as not to disturb blood evidence in the crime scene area. In other words as of that moment nobody had seen blood on the stairwell. The blood on the stairwell did not appear until several hours later, after one of Esar Met's stories involved the girl dying by falling down a flight of stairs.
The evidence technicians were prevented from entering the scene for quite some time, and it's possible FBI agents have a protocol to follow when evidence is shaky i.e., delaying evidence technicians access to the crime scene until it can be examined or fixed.
When it was still possible that the false confession might be played for the jury there was an effort to emphasize inaccurately that blood was found on the stairs long before it actually was, in order to give some support to an otherwise ridiculous confession. Part of this effort included blatant perjury by one SSLPD officer. As great a guy as he may have been, he was deliberately lying, probably at the request of the FBI.
1) The prosecutor and FBI agents, and most importantly Esar Met's own defense, had seen the confession and knew why blood on the stairs would be important. But that blood literally did not exist until it was needed to cover up FBI mistakes.
2) It's made clear in testimony at the preliminary hearing that the FBI agents spent a lot of time going over their stories after making various mistakes. They knew that the testimony was not truthful. The person on the other end of the phone during the conversation referenced in clip 981 has already had some clips added, but more will be added soon.
3) The police report may have been tidied up in spots, but they forgot to change Wersland's initial supplemental narrative in which he describes the phone call in great detail, as well as the narrative of the officer he spoke to right after the call.
188) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/edwardsroommate2.mp3 Up until 2012 the public had been led to believe Esar Met fled the apartment after killing Hser Ner Moo. In this clip an FBI agent says that while they were searching the apartment one of the roommates said Esar Met was at his cousins' i.e., his aunt and uncle's house. The roommate said he had not seen Esar Met since the 31st, but if the roommate knew Esar Met was at his cousins then he must have learned that from Esar Met before he, the roommate, went to work on the 31st. Remember in Esar Met's last comments he says he left the apartment in the morning. The roommate's testimony and the FBI agent's testimony support Esar Met having left before Hser Ner Moo even went missing.
189) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/cheneyfbiroommate3.mp3 Again, the problem is that the roommate's appear to have known Esar Met was at his cousin's. The roommates left for work in the early morning of the 31st and would not have known he was at his cousin's, unless he had left early morning. The girl was reliably seen between 1pm and 215pm or so, long after he left.
Also strange that Esar Met was telephoned while at the dinner table, and was still at the dinner table when the door was kicked in. More indication the FBI knew about him and was watching the house in Cottonwood Heights. Notice the testimony by Deke Taylor and by the roommate who got the number. More clips will be added on that, but there is already plenty of evidence the FBI had been keeping information about #472 from local police so the FBI could play hero. This would not be a big deal, except additional evidence indicates the girl was still alive up to 24 hours after the FBI started withholding information from local police.
Not only did the FBI not get additional information by being coy with local police, they formed a faulty hypothesis about what had happened, and then refused to update their theory after they got evidence that the roommate had killed the girl. Also note the final exchange between FBI agent and prosecutor. One big discrepancy popped up at the preliminary hearing involving contradictory testimony by FBI agents. The prosecutor is helping the FBI clean up the final story, after a lot of missteps at the preliminary hearing forced the FBI to use a lawyer to change facts.
190) https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/prelimtran.mp3 At the preliminary hearing Esar Met had been assigned a backup translator who was from a competing ethnicity. All of the translators used were from competing ethnicities, but the prosecutor believed this translator would be helpful to the prosecution, and might be opposed by the defense. That came as a surprise to the defense.
Confession audio Part 1 https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/confess1.mp3
Confession audio Part 2 https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/confess2.mp3
Confession audio Part 3 https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/confess3.mp3
Confession audio Part 4 https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/confess4.mp3
Confession audio Part 5 https://tribalcash.org/images/mp3/confess5.mp3
Confession video Part 1 https://tribalcash.org/images/mp4/1.mp4
Confession video Part 2 https://tribalcash.org/images/mp4/2.mp4
Confession video Part 3 https://tribalcash.org/images/mp4/3.mp4
Confession video Part 4 https://tribalcash.org/images/mp4/4.mp4
Confession video Part 5 https://tribalcash.org/images/mp4/5.mp4